School of Humanities & Social Sciences
Industry Sharing by PSY Alumni
The Psychology Student Interest Group held an industry sharing session on 19 February 2021 for students from the diploma, which featured the following alumni speakers:
- Ms Jessalyn Soo – HR Advisor, UBS Bank of Singapore
- Ms Carrie Lee – Freelance Market Researcher
- Ms Vivian Ng – UX Designer
- Mr Wayne Koh – Executive (Leadership and Organisational Development Division), MOH Holdings Pte Ltd
- Ms Hannah Tan – Probation Officer, Ministry of Social and Family Development
- Ms Saloni Shirish Balekundri – Research Assistant, Centre for Research in Child Development, National Institute of Education
- Ms Shannon Siew – Teaching Assistant, St Andrew’s Autism School
The speakers shared many useful insights on their current vocations and what they did to get there, as well as their education and career choices/experiences. Through the session, our students also gained a newfound appreciation for the rigours of their diploma studies. Importantly, they learnt that psychology concepts can actually be applied across different industries too – even those that are not psychology-centric – such as UX (user experience) design and human resource.
It was definitely an inspiring and stimulating session, especially for the graduating cohort of students!
(Photo Credit: @hss_sc)
7th Psychology Studies Student Conference 2021
Around 170 students, alumni and industry partners attended the 7th Psychology Studies Student Conference, which was held on 19 February 2021.
This was an annual showcase of student projects based on close collaborations between the diploma staff, students and industry partners. These collaborations provide a platform for students to apply what they have learnt to real world projects. Though they had graduated from TP, our alumni participants also benefitted from the industry insights shared by the panel of sectoral experts.
(Photo Credit: School of HSS)
Back to Alumni Buzz